Welcome to the official website of St Breward Parish Council
Next Meeting of the Parish Council - Monday 11th December 2023The next Meeting of the Parish Council will be held in the Memorial Hall at Limehead PL30 4LU, on Monday evening 11th December, commencing at 7.30pm.
Prior to the start of the Meeting there will be an opportunity for members of the Public to discuss any items that appear on the Agenda with all the Parish Councillors. If any other members of the parish wish to discuss any other items they will be considered for next months Agenda
St Breward's Just Giving Table - Take what you need - Give what you canA message from Denis Lusby, Chairman St Breward Parish Council
'A community needs to work together to survive, especially in these difficult times, St Breward Parish Council has set up a Just Giving Table which the Parish Church have kindly made room for at the back of the Church, the Church is open every day 10am-4pm
The Parish Council has purchased some suitable groceries and toiletries to kick off our Just Giving Table. This scheme will be in place for 6 months from January to June 2023 and then a review will be undertaken.
There is no shame in needing to use our Just Giving Table; we are all part of this caring, supportive St Breward Community; it is just through circumstances that some of us are struggling. Let us work together to make sure that no member of our community is struggling alone.
Non perishable food items such as: Pasta, rice and noodles, tins of tomatoes, soup, meat, vegetables, lentils, beans and pulses, jars of pasta sauces. Teabags, coffee, cartons of UHT milk, fruit juice and baby food
Non food items such as: Toiletries- Deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, Toothbrushes, toothpaste, laundry liquid detergent and powder, washing up liquid, feminine products- sanitary towels and tampons
Volunteers are required to check that all products are in date and to restock the tables. If you are interested in helping to monitor the table, contact Christine Lusby 01208 850517.
The Parish Council would be grateful for everyone to help spread the word about the Just Giving Table amongst their friends, familiy and neighbours'
View full news item
NOTICE OF VACANCY IN OFFICER OF PARISH COUNCILST BREWARD PARISH COUNCIL NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
Pursuant to Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972 that due to the death of David
Frederick Kay, a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the above Parish
Notice of Vacancy - St Breward PC (pdf)
Restoration of an ancient footpathThe closure of St Breward Stores and Post Office in Row, and their relocation to The Old Inn at Churchtown in 2017, meant that Churchtown became the sole focal area of St Breward, with the parish church, village Shop & Post Office, the Old Inn and village hall all residing there.
This role has increased with the recent closure of Row Methodist Chapel.
From the Millennium and before, St Breward Parish Council had actively tried to improve the poor condition of the parish’s principal public footpath (FP 13 in the list of the parish’s paths). Cornwall County Council, which had a statutory duty to maintain the footpath, pleaded lack of funds and the path deteriorated year on year.
Helped by our Cornwall councillor Mr. Dominic Fairman and Chris Monk, Senior Countryside Officer, the Parish Council successfully applied for and was awarded just under £44,000 from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development through the Atlantic & Moor Local Action Group. This grant represented 80% of the project costs, St Breward Parish Council securing the remaining 20%. We would also like to thank Cornwall Council for a loan to pay for the works, as the grant money was not released until the project had finished.
So, when you enjoy using FP13 remember that if it wasn’t for the financial help from European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Atlantic & Moor Local Action Group, you would not be able to use FP13.
Your Parish Councillors are proud to have successfully delivered this major project.
View full news item
St Breward Community WebsiteOn the St Breward community website you will find news on the local community and local events. Visit the St Breward Community website, where you will find the Community Newsletter and a wealth of other information.
St Breward Community website